Saturday, July 13, 2013

Long week, short weekend...

Seems some things never change, no exceptions here.

Lots of updates on the house.

The good news is we have our a/c/ heat pump sitting outside in its spot. Bad news, there is no furnace hooked to it so it is worthless right now.  I don't know exactly what happened but my furnace was sitting in the warehouse with everyone given strict orders that it was mine and nobody was to touch it. It was sitting there until the crew went to get it that is. I have another one on order, but no promise of when it will make it here. So, we went and bought another room air conditioner. When the old a/c wasn't working, the fan still at least worked, but of course, it had to run through the furnace. My house is truly 100% furnace-less right now, the old one has already went away. Anyway, we can give the room a/c to Robert when he moves to the farm so it wasn't like it was a waste.

Friday evening, our contractor came and went over specifics of our roof and siding. Hoping to have a price by next week at this time.

 I need to check on my gravel this week too but things going on at work puts me in a position to absolutely not be able to take off so it may way a couple of weeks.

So, progress is being made, slow but sure.

We are working on Mom's house too, her new floor is in, it needs painted, then a new screen door put up and then install a new ceiling. I am thinking Andrew's next two days off should do it. As I said earlier, I get to be 0% help.

Then we start on Robert's house.

Starting Monday we have two weeks of cooling, I think I mentioned it in the last post, nothing short of craziness. I honestly hate cooling. I know that sounds bad but truthfully, in most counties, we have at least 400 people who qualify for cooling (over 60, disabled or has a child under 5). Most counties get to do around 150 applications.....see the problem??? I will get no less than 10 cussings this week. The next week, I am working in Robinson for the week, at least it will be harder for the ones turned away to find me! 

I talked Andrew to going ahead and leaving for St. Louis the night of the 26th, as soon as I get home. He said no problem so I called Thursday to extend the reservation and ended up having enough rewards points to get the extra night free!  I will be SO ready to get out of here.

Today was a comedy of errors, at least my lunch and my impromptu shopping trip was good. Yesterday evening, I decided to at least get the front and side yards mowed. The mower was dead, so Robert stuck the charger on it. I went out this morning, still dead, so decided to just push it. Came in, changed shoes and out the door again, only to not be able to get the push mower started either. Put it back in the garage and went to shut the door, and the door wouldn't shut. So, I didn't mow.

I did have lunch with Kathy Houmes today, that was really nice. She was one of my "other mothers' growing up and we had a wonderful visit. After I left Parklanes, I went to work, only to find that the system I needed to use was down, so as I stated on facebook, when the going gets rough, the tough go shopping!  I ran to Tuscola because I was out of several B&BW things. Earlier this week I had put on size 16 pants and they fit so I was anxious to buy new clothes. That also did not go as planned. It seems I didn't fit in the regular 16's yet, the 16W's were just, well, WRONG and 18W were too big. I ended up buying a new swimsuit, which I did need because my other one is a size 24W and the last time I wore it in the water, it turned into a balloon. I have every intention of finding the hot tub on the 26th so this was a necessity, and at 50% off, it was a bargain to boot. I honestly realized I relaxed more on my little trip to Tuscola than I had in weeks. Another one of those things, God knew what I needed to do today better than I did.

So, home this evening, fixed me and Andrew salmon and baked potatoes, tried a new dessert recipe, 3 points plus, we will see if its good. Today went way too fast though and tomorrow will be just like it. And I am not about "bringing on Monday".....it will come though.

That's life right now, Happy Saturday!

No comments: