Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

That can certainly be said at our house. I was just trying to put down on paper everything that is going on this week, it's exhausting and exciting, I have to say. A couple of weeks ago, Andrew and I were working on the old band uniforms. For those of you who haven't spent any time at NCHS lately, the downstairs boys bathroom is now storage for the band. It was hot in there and there are little benches outside of the bathrooms now. I sat down on one of those and looked down the hall toward the rec room. I could almost see me, Dani, Tammy, Tina and Valerie sitting on the floor down there, eating our chips and drinking our pop for lunch. Did I have a clue then? I don't think so. You know I honestly thought, because of all the people who had died in my life that I wouldn't live to be 21? I NEVER thought I would get married or have kids, I seriously never even thought that when I was engaged at 21--probably the reason I didn't stay engaged long (on my first date with Andrew--I knew I had been wrong all those years but I never had an inkling until then).

Growing up there was a plaque by our backdoor. "Happiness always thrives on very full and busy lives". Yes, saying you were "bored" at our house was about the same as cussing a blue streak, somehow, it must have soaked in. And when I sit down and really think "Am I happy or am I crazy?" Well, the answer is probably both but I DO know how to say no. I just don't find many things I want to say no about.

Andrew goes back to work tonight, his schedule will be Tuesday-Fridays from now until the first of the year when the restructuring of management schedules happen. We don't know what any of that will bring, but it will be nice to have him home Saturday afternoons and Sunday's for a while, plus Robert will get to spend time with him on Monday nights, that's a good thing too.

Today, I have to work at the Sr. Center here in Newton to get a computer hooked up and going, then I have to run a tower to Tuscola, tonight I have class, which is going well but slowly, I always want to take it at the pace my students can learn.

Tomorrow, I speak to everyone in the office about their computer usage, I hope and pray it is received well. Thursday is Band Boosters, and somehow I have misplaced my agenda from the last meeting, which wouldn't be such a big deal if I weren't supposed to have minutes done Thursday, I have my notes, and Vaneta will save me on the agenda, just makes me mad I've misplaced something!

Tomorrow night we have our planning night for Awana, I am super excited, especially since I have ran into some of my kids and they are ready and excited too.

Tonight and Thursday, Robert has band, Thursday starts auditions for the pops concert too. I am proud of how much he has worked on this, I hope he does as well in front of everyone as he has here at home.

Saturday is the band's first competitions of the year. Bellville and O'fallon. I am encouraging Andrew to try to get off early, the first band starts at Belleville at 10:15, I doubt if we make it but I would like to see as much as possible. This year, Belleville and O'fallon overlap so we won't stay for the awards, which I hate, but I can't feature missing the O'fallon performance. Historically, we have done better at O'fallon than Belleville anyway.

Saturday night, we are staying over in O'fallon and spending a family day together, either at the zoo or the science center, depending on the weather. I am still kicking myself because we didn't get a real vacation in this summer but a day away will be good.

That's our week in a nutshell, I am either very happy, or very crazy, but as I said earlier, it's probably both--have a great week!

No comments: