Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still here...I think

Okay, biggest excuse, yes, is probably Facebook. My own husband is complaining though that he really doesn't know what is going on in our lives unless I blog so..... (didn't know he used it as a calendar--sorry dear).

My grandmother-in-law and Father-in-law arrived yesterday evening. We are having a great time, Grandma is staying here at the house, Bob at the campground. Bob and Robert have already been out playing in the jeep and have planned a trip to Cape Girardeau next week. Robert loves having his granddad around and is already looking forward to that.

Tomorrow, we are heading to Springfield to take Grandma to see the Lincoln Library. I think she will love it. Bob will take her home on Saturday and return on Sunday.

Saturday, Nila and Richard will be here for a visit. It is also the first day of the Jasper County Fair, which I volunteered (along with Andrew) to chair the concessions, this is the nerve-racking part- everything is pretty well ready, just have to make sure it goes as planned. I pick up the popcorn popper and the pop on Friday, then go set it up Saturday, right now, just wishing it was over and nobody is worse off...

Sunday the 28th is our 4th of July cantata at church, along with an ice cream social. I always love this event as it is not like Christmas or Easter where everyone is at church but they really have tons of other places they have to be too. This one, everyone gets to visit and just have a nice time. The cantata is one we have done before so I really have no worries about it but it is still a responsablity.

I made dinner plans with some friends for the 30th, THAT is the day I am really shooting for. Just to sit back and relax a little. Then of course, the next week, starts our cooling program at work--this is a fast-pace, almost frantic program because we have to take a lot of applications, get them processed and finished in just a little bit of time. I am really excited the Carrie, my assistant, is looking so forward to it. Once again, we made the right choice there--she has been great.

My "IT" position has been really crazy, of course, we are in the "slow time" for our offices and Head Start both so everybody is needing everything worked on now. I think it will settle down soon. I start taking classes again today. This time "PC Troubleshooting". I am really excited about that.

Okay....I am caught up. Will TRY to do better. I guess I didn't even blog about Robert and I going to see Rent. All I will say is it was interesting. I'm not sure I liked it, it was too "real" to be entertaining to me.

No comments: