Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry CHRISTmas

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!  The time of the year we celebrate our Savior's birth. I am so very thankful that God sent his son to earth. I am even more thankful that Jesus died for my sins, conquered death and is in Heaven today, guiding my steps here and waiting for my time to come and join him.

I have been promising for weeks that I would get my decoration pictures up.  Here are a few, I decorated a lot like last year, so the main things I will put are things I did differently.

This was one of my favorite "new" pieces. It had been an autumn decoration that I converted to a Christmas one. Here's the thing, At Hobby Lobby, arrangements not nearly this nice were selling for almost $100. I bought two $20 swags that were on sale for half off, which made them $10 a piece, wired them on, fluffed them and then added three tea light electric candles. The picture isn't as pretty as the real arrangement. I LOVE it!

This actually just got added yesterday, the canvas is my Christmas gift from Sheila King, my program's assistant coordinator. I love it as well, it will be one of my favorites for the rest of my life.
This is the guest room, I don't think I posted any pictures of it last year.

I got a new nativity this year, at Sheila's parent's auction. It has a really nice stable with it, but I liked it up here, so I didn't use the stable this year.

Part of our guest bathroom, I don't think I put anything here last year either.




My Christmas tress.

And my front porch....



So, here it is, Christmas day, am I ready for Christmas? Finally. Good thing too since it's here.

I will post another post over the next few days with more thought, but for now, going to leave you with the crafts I made this year....
I made nine of these, probably going to make many more to sell at craft shows, I am really happy with how they turned out.

Made these for Robert's coworkers, tp snowmen. The card says, "Money is tight and times are hard, I got you this instead of a card, something to use, something to share, so Bottoms Up because I care. Merry Christmas!" They were well received.

I made 39 snowmen, should have been 40 but they are made out of socks and who would have thought that out of two 10-pks of socks, one would have a whole in it. These were for co-workers and a few friends.

This is sweet trash, I took for coworkers.

and whipped Chocolate Orange Body Butter that I made over three times before I decided it was okay, still needs some work on the recipe.

Made these for the AWANA kids I worked with, one of the offices made these last year for all of us and I knew our kids would think they were great, and they did.


Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!!!





No comments: