Saturday, August 30, 2014

Attempting to catch up--Bullet style

I cannot believe Monday is going to be the first day of September, where has the summer gone? Where has the YEAR gone?? Somebody said yesterday there are 18 Friday's left until Christmas.

I am so far behind on blogging, with good reason, but still, so far behind. Thought I would wrap up most of August in one fell swoop. I don't know if I can even remember what all has happened!

I am wanting to do a big post on Andrew's (and mine too really) new business. Exciting but LOTS of work on it this summer and so far, that work has been on my side of it.  As I said, bigger post to come.

Things that happened in August:

  • August 2nd, we celebrated my birthday early at the Japanese Restaurant in Terre Haute.
  • August 9th, Mom and I went to Sis and Richard's for the day.
  • August 10th, Gibbs came into our lives :-) (If you don't know about Gibbs, see the post below, but I am fairly sure EVERYBODY knows about Gibbs).
  • August 14th, made the monthly trip to Springfield with my friend, fellow LIHEAP coordinator Kathy Walk. 
  • August 16th, I turned 47. Since we had all celebrated earlier in the month together, Mom and I went on a Walmart run that afternoon and Andrew and I had a movie date that night. Saw And So It Goes.
  • August 21st, left at noon to go back to my sisters for some Balloonfest fun.
  • August 23rd, got to witness the last of my friend Patty's biological daughters marry the man of her dreams.
  • August 24th, my one and only baby boy turned 22.
  • August 26th, spoke at Head Start preservice, wearing the IT hat.
  • August 29th, had a day-long training for LIHEAP, gearing up for the start of the LIHEAP season this coming Tuesday.
  • August 29th, Andrew took an all day class near St. Louis to get his lead certificate.
Today, I go get my hair cut and this evening , we are helping a wonderful couple celebrate their anniversary. Robert was on vacation last week so they made a lot of progress on the house and are inching closer to being through with structural work. That will leave all the electrical and then the cosmetic. When we hit cosmetic, it will go faster AND I will be able and probably expected to help more!

A few pics to close the deal and then off to a busy, wonderful life that God has blessed me with.

On our way to my birthday dinner on the 2nd, my mom called and told me to stop by on our way home, she made me a Lemon pie!

Smith's Botanical Gardens :-)

Mom, Richard and Sis

Gibbs




Robert had ice cream cake on Saturday and Pineapple Cheesecake on Sunday

Robert's birthday present, what he asked for, more tools. Go figure.

My 12 pints of homemade spaghetti sauce, with my own fresh basil and garlic. Love getting to still do some of my own canning, even when life is crazy!
  

Happy Saturday! Have a BLESSED day!

No comments: