Thursday, October 10, 2013

Newport Antique Auto Hillclimb 2013

Sunday October 6th, 2013

We left home at 6:30 Sunday morning heading for Newport IN for the Hill climb with a mandatory stop at IHOP for breakfast. I personally love this day because the guys love it and I love watching them love it. It rained all morning but miraculously cleared up before we made it to Newport.  We took in the hill climb, the street fair, the flea market and of course, the food (which I ate and STILL was down 3 lbs. at WW!!  YEAH ME!!)

We watched the hill climb until about 3, when the guys decided they were tired of sitting in the chairs. Andrew and I are planning a trip to the Covered Bridge festival on the 14th so we decided we would scope out Mansfield and Bridgeton without the covered bridge festival going on. That was kind of a joke. There were already tons of vendors there setting up their wares. So we still didn't get to see the towns in their "natural state" but I still want to sometime. We drove one of the routes, took in some of the bridges and ended the day at Outback.



Robert @ IHOP.... yes, all three plates are his, not to mention ALL the sugar packets for his coffee.


I MIGHT have gotten a little distracted by the fleas while the guys were looking at cars....I didn't take many (in fact this is the ONLY one I took of the car show)
 waiting for the next car to climb the hill...





No comments: