Sunday, July 3, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll

So, everybody who has the Cars song stuck in your head now, you're welcome...I did it to myself too, the minute I typed the Title.

I took a long weekend with the holiday being Monday, I decided a couple months ago to take Friday off (Doctor's orders--more downtime and summer is the easiest for me to do that). About a week ago, I found out my FIL was coming for a visit so I decided I would take Tuesday off too. I would have taken the week except for this one report that is due Friday. I can't do it until I get an invoice from Ameren (which will come Tuesday or Wednesday) and then it takes me two or three days to complete it--might as well face fact, I gotta be at work those three days. ANYWAY, I saw this as a perfect opportunity for a day trip. We haven't taken one since March and my loyal readers know that just isn't like us. Of course, we had a week's vacation trip planned for last month and Andrew's vacation was denied--twice. So much for our trip to PA.

The summer before my dad died, we went to French Lick and rode the train. When we went to the cave in March, we went through French Lick and said we would like to go ride the train. I looked it up and low and behold, there is even going to be a robbery that day!  So, tomorrow we are heading for a train ride and the adventure of being robbed--it's good to know these things ahead of time, ya' know?

My camera is loaded and I am ready to take pictures that are blog-worthy, let's see if I make it :-)

BTW, went to eat at the bowling alley while Robert was working last night, that was fun. Of course, our goal was to see how many dishes we could dirty. Unfortunately it wasn't many.

Bob got here yesterday afternoon, we went and ate and watched a stupid, stupid movie on Netflix but hey, the popcorn was good at least :-). Today we are off to church as normal, then just vegging the rest of the day. Hamburgers on the grill tonight. I am packing a picnic for tomorrow's lunch and planning on a trip to the Black Buggy at Washington for dinner. Tuesday, Andrew has to work, and I have a conference call for a couple hours that morning so I think Robert and Bob will head to Effingham to the Corvette museum.

That may be this week in a nutshell.

No comments: