Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In Due Time

I know, I have been avoiding my blog, on purpose. I was running the little gamut of "the stages of grief" apparently over my passing youth. I was told Sunday that I am not handling the changes in my lifestyle gracefully. Hmmmm.....yep, it made me mad, it was my mom who said it, was she right? Yep, she was. So another few days and maybe I will be ready to make the full fledged report on what is going on with me without it sounding like my own little pity party. I have more blood tests on the 26th and a heart sonogram on the 29th. That will be the last of the tests. I was expecting one thing to be wrong and at the moment they are trying to tell me there are at least three things wrong with me: ulcerative colitis, diabetes and this stupid calcium and vitamin d deficiency. I received the report from my stress test, eventhough the whole test came back as "Normal" there are two places on it that has "defect noted", don't know what that means, am assuming it's not serious or they wouldn't say the test was normal. My blood counts are all over the place but my blood count itself is low because of the colitis. Not complaining, just sayin'....

Enough of that for now,

The bathroom is starting to amaze me. It is truly going to be the bathroom of my dreams and Andrew is doing 100% of it himself (with his trusty sidekick, Robert who is being taught as they go). I am so amazed when I come home of an evening. We have LED can lights in the ceiling over the ledge for the tub and shower, domed can lights in the shower (with regular light bulbs because of the moisture) and there will be more LED lights over the tub in a few days. He is building a small cabinet with storage in the bottom and shelves on top, two purposes there, to hide the access panel to the shower and to make some room for my makeup/ blow dryer/ curling iron, etc, when I move to the back bath. It will also just make room for some knick-knacks. We had always planned on putting Andrew's elephant collection in the bathroom, not sure weather I still want to go that direction or not. His elephants look pretty good in the family room. We'll see. We bought a skirt for the tub, got it home and we both agree it looks cheap and cheesy. Andrew is going to build a box for the tub to sit in, which truly was what I thought would be cool all along but he has bent over backwards to do stupid little things that take a lot more time just because I wanted them, I was fine with the skirt---until I saw it. I am really glad he was the one that decided it wasn't good enough though.

I think we are going to buy tile and the shower door tonight and probably the heat blanket for the floor. I am thinking we might as well buy the sink too because that would finish all the major purchases but it is up to him.

Taking pictures along the way, but will wait for the "reveal" to post them :-) At the moment, he is still shooting for September 1, my "craziest" day of the year, as his finishing point. I am still saying, I don't care what the rest of the room looks like, as soon as he has my whirlpool operational and everything around it is safe for me to use, I'm using it! He told me last week it was probably about 3 work weeks away. We are going to his Grandmother's on the 30th so that takes out one of his weeks, I am shooting for my birthday--the middle of August.

No comments: