Friday, May 14, 2010

Life Goes On...

Definitely a day I am glad it's Friday. Seems like this week has went on forever. I have kinda been neglecting my blog (again) because our normally crazy life has been, well, just kinda normal this week. It's a little weird when that happens. But since, it isn't the norm, it is still a change and so hey, I guess that makes it normal after all.

We have had a couple times of little added excitement around here. A week ago last Sunday night, we were getting ready to leave for church, turned the living room light/ceiling fan off at the remote and flames shot out of the top if it. My dear pack rat husband fixed it without it even costing anything. Apparently (I honestly don't remember this) when we bought the ceiling fan, I didn't like the lampshades that were with the light kit. We bought a different light kit. Andrew kept the old one....let there be light.

Last Saturday morning, I had just cleaned my oven and smelled something getting too hot, I opened my basement door and smoke came billowing out. I went running down the stairs to my washer smoking. I got it turned off and hollered up the stairs that my washer was on fire which jolted Andrew out of bed. He came down, took one look at it, said it was the belt, turned around and went up the stairs, end of subject. The house smelled like burnt rubber the rest of the day. We have a new belt ordered and once again, Superman took all the laundry across the street, washed it, brought it home and dried it before I got home last night. Life is good!

Monday night, I hosted a Pampered Chef party, what a great time! I love having a party in May, it forces me to get my yard cleaned up as well as have all my spring cleaning done. Last year, I was still working on the yard in June, actually the DAY before Andrew's grandmother was coming for a visit. It feels so good to have everything just about completed. We had such a great time at my party and I got LOTS of free stuff, along with some great things at 25 and 50% off.

Tuesday night was class, this is winding down too, we had a good class though and made it through the resume class, which is the hardest. We skip this coming week and then they take their final on the 25th, this is going to be a successful class!

Last night, I spent the evening with my mom, we had a GREAT time, picked up a few new things for my conference next week and found her a pressure pot (hers "exploded" a few weeks ago). Had a great dinner at Neimergs, just a great evening. I will always treasure those times.

Robert has been helping clean out the "pickle shed" this week. It is a building at the high school that houses all the musical props/wood/etc. The district is tearing it down so all the supplies went to an outlying school that is no longer open for storage. He was also finishing working on his Nana's lawnmower, thought it was fixed, but now they can't get it to start...back to the drawing board.

I leave Sunday for the IACAA Conference, I really enjoy this conference and some very special things happen on Sunday. Sunday evening, we are having the Family of Distinction banquet. Each year, our field offices go through all the clients that have successfully worked their way our of needing us. They pick the biggest success from each office and then the best of all those are sent to the state. On Sunday night, there is a banquet honoring our Family of Distinction winners from all over the state. This is the night we get to see what our assistance can accomplish. And more so, what human beings can do when they have someone to believe in them. We are having the banquet at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, then afterwards get the Museum to ourselves. Granted there will still be about 400 people there, but it will be a very special evening.

Andrew is being honored on Tuesday at a Luncheon in Effingham for "Silver and Gold" Associates. I believe he said there were 5 "Silver" (more that 25 years service) associates in the Olney store, Andrew is the only member of management from Olney that has put in more than 25 years. Next month, he will celebrate number 26.

Of course, We leave on our adventurous vacation two weeks from tomorrow. No, I still don't have all the "new" plans made, but I believe it will be exciting. I also believe it may be one of those vacations where I have to go back to work to get some rest but it will be fun.

That's it for now, looks like plenty, will try to post next week as I know how I get when I am sitting in a hotel room. The plus side is we are at the Hilton--my personal favorite in Springfield. I got the BEST room last year, probably won't get that lucky two years in a row but it will still be nice.

No comments: